COVID-19 Data Management & Hosting
For rapid, secure recording and hosting of high-quality data.
The ISARIC Clinical Data Platform is a secure electronic data capture system and repository that standardises and secures global data on COVID-19.
Ownership and control of all data entered on this system are retained by those who enter the data.
Data entered into the system can be exported and used by the institutions that enter it without any restrictions. All systems are free to use and supported by ISARIC data management specialists. Data are entered into a web-based REDCap data management system, hosted by the University of Oxford on behalf of ISARIC. A mobile application is available for use in internet-restricted settings.
To use these systems:
- Decide which of the two ISARIC case report forms is appropriate for your institution: the CORE CRF or the RAPID CRF. Link to COVID-19 Case Report Forms (CRFs) for information to decide which form is best for your institution.
- Contact the ISARIC Global Support Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain access to the corresponding CRF on the database.
- Ask your institution to sign the Terms of Data Submission that outline the measures taken to protect your data interests and to ensure patient confidentiality and data security.
- Use the REDCap Data Entry Guide to navigate and enter data from the CRF.
- Access regular reports generated from data entered into the ISARIC Data Platform (CORE CRF and RAPID CRF data).
- Use the R Code available to generate reports from your data.
Reports on high-level aggregate analysis of data held on the ISARIC Clinical Data Platform will be made publicly available on the ISARIC website and updated weekly. All data contributors are invited to input on the methods and contents of the reports.
ISARIC is currently designing data access mechanisms for data contributors to consider. All decisions about data access will be made by the institutions that collect the data. Please return to this site for information in the coming weeks.