Clinical Data Collection – The COVID-19 Case Report Forms (CRFs)
For the collection of standardised clinical data to improve patient care and inform the public health response.
The ISARIC-WHO Case Report Forms (CRFs) should be used to collect data on individuals presenting with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
The forms are available in multiple languages (see below). If you would like to support further translations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web-based data management software is available to support data entry. This includes online data capture and a mobile app. Sites can choose to set up independent studies or contribute data to the global aggregated reports. They are also used for the ISARIC Clinical Characterisation Protocol.
Sites who use these forms will have the option of contributing data to the global aggregated reports.
Sites that have started using one form may change to the other form if they decide this is best. However, there are some considerations, so please email us for guidance at email@example.com if this is the case.
There are two forms available to choose from: CORE and RAPID. View the form descriptions below and decide which best fits your organisations’ purpose.
- This is a more comprehensive form; with more variables to understand the spectrum of disease and management, especially on pathogen testing, critical care interventions, and medications.
- For use where resources allow the collection of more data.
- Ideal for sites who will use the ISARIC Data Platform online data entry or for those who develop their own (locally-hosted) data capture systems.
- This form includes fewer variables than the CORE form. Data are focused on specific risks, treatments, and variables identified as priorities.
- For use where data collection resources are limited.
- Ideal for sites who will use the ISARIC Data Platform online data entry because new (optional) data modules will be incorporated as they become available.
CORE COVID-19 Case Report Form
For standardised data collection to improve patient care and inform the public health response.
A CRF Completion Guide, in English only, is available to support understanding of how to complete the CRF.
Data from the CORE CRF can be entered into this online e-CRF, then exported for analysis by those who enter it.
We welcome all data contributions to the ISARIC Data Platform. Ownership and decisions about data are retained by the institutions that collect them.
CORE COVID-19 CASE REPORT FORM (CRF TOOLS)
Here are the downloadable CORE CRFs listed by language.
English: CRF | Completion guide | Change log
Chinese (中文): CRF
Japanese (日本語): CRF
RAPID COVID-19 Case Report Form
A standardised data collection form focused on data to identify key risk factors to inform patient care and public health response.
This form includes fewer variables than the CORE form (above). Data are focused on specific risks, treatments and variables identified as priorities. For use where data collection resources are limited.
A CRF Completion Guide is available to support understanding of how to complete this CRF.
ISARIC hosts a secure web-based electronic data capture system and repository to support high-quality, standardised data management.
RAPID COVID-19 CASE REPORT FORM (CRF TOOLS)
Here are the downloadable RAPID CRF and Completion Guides listed by language.
English: CRF | Completion Guide | Change log
Française: CRF | Completion Guide
Espanol: CRF | Completion Guide
Portuges: CRF | Completion Guide
Japanese (日本語): CRF | Completion Guide
Urdu: CRF | Completion Guide