ISARIC partners have been at the forefront of clinical trials of COVID-19 treatments since the start of the pandemic. Recognising how hard it is to keep up with the extraordinary pace of COVID science, ISARIC will run a series of ‘Evidence Fora’ on COVID-19 treatment.
These fora will take stock of the current evidence, inform, stimulate debate and generate new ideas.
- ISARIC partners and invited experts from across the world will present the ’state-of-the-art’ on:
- COVID-19 pathophysiology and treatment options
- Respiratory support
Our first evidence forum will focus on corticosteroids. Whilst corticosteroids are now recommended for COVID-19 patients who require respiratory report, there are outstanding clinical questions. This webinar will review the evidence-base, identify challenges in translating this evidence to clinical practice, and outline a translational research agenda.
Consultant in Critical Care, Department of Critical Care, Apollo Hospitals
Executive Director, ISARIC
NIHR Senior Investigator, University of Bristol
Consultant, Department of Critical Care Medicine, Apollo Hospital
Sheila Nainan Myatra
Department of Anaesthesiology, Critical Care and Pain, Tata Memorial Hospital
Objectives of this forum:
- To provide up-to-date information on evidence of the effectiveness and safety of corticosteroids in COVID19.
- To identify key questions for translating the clinical trial evidence on the use of corticosteroids in COVID19 into clinical practice in India.
- RECOVERY dexamethasone result [N Engl J Med. 2020 Jul 17]
- Corticosteroid meta-analysis [JAMA. 2020 Sep 2]
- WHO guidance on corticosteroids for COVID-19
If you require this event’s transcription, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org