Accessing COVID-19 clinical data
A key pillar of ISARIC’s commitment to data sharing in public health emergencies is that ISARIC supported studies will share quality data in a timely, valid and governed manner to inform public health policy and benefit patient care.
Thanks to the outstanding efforts of hundreds of dedicated colleagues at the frontline, the ISARIC COVID-19 Clinical Database is now one of the world’s largest and richest standardised collections of comprehensive COVID-19 clinical data for hospitalised patients.
We welcome requests from researchers to access the data to generate and disseminate evidence.
How to request access to COVID-19 clinical data
There are two ways to request access to COVID-19 clinical data. See below which option is best for your institution.
If you are a COVID-19 clinical data contributor
Supporting resources for contributors
Analysis plan form
Analysis plan FAQ
Evidence & reports
If you are not a COVID-19 clinical data contributor
- Read through the collection of existing approved uses of platform data
- Explore the types of data available on the Data inventory
- Read the data access guidelines
- Download and complete the data access application form, include the details of the variables needed for the proposed analysis, as listed on the data inventory
- Submit the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting resources to access data
Data Application Form
DAC Terms of reference
Data transfer agreement
Data access guidelines
Data Access Committee
Approved uses of platform data
Visit the Contributing data page if you would like to contribute data to the ISARIC clinical data platform.